Last Updated: May 5th, 2020
1. Changes to this Notice.
2. Information We Collect and Receive.
We collect information about you from various sources and methods, including through the use of the following:
- Information We Automatically Collect. We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Services. This information helps us address customer support issues, improve the performance of the Services, provide you with a streamlined and personalized experience, and protect your account from fraud by detecting unauthorized access. Information collected automatically includes:
- Usage Data: We collect information about your activity through our Services.
- Device and Connection Information: We may analyze information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. We analyze information through your device about your operating system, anonymized IP address, device info & identifiers, in-app events, and crash data. We may use your IP address in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience.
- Log Information: We also collect log information when you use our website, such as: details about how you’ve used our services; device information, such as your web browser type and language; access times; pages viewed; IP address; identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
3. How We Use Your Information.
Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. We use information about you to provide the Services to you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we may use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your information to respond.
- To develop and provide additional features.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. In addition, we may send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about us. You may opt out of these messages at any time.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
4. How We Share and Disclose Your Information.
This section describes how we may share and disclose information.
- Your Instructions. We will solely share and disclose your information in accordance with your instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms of Services and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We work with third-party service providers to provide for usage analytics, hosting and backend infrastructure, infrastructure monitoring, customer support and other services, which may require them to access or use information about you.
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share information with our corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Our Business. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend our rights, property, or safety or that of third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Your Consent.
5. Your Access and Choices.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. If we make it available to you, you may review and change your Personal Information by logging into your account and changing the settings in the Services. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
6. Your California Privacy Rights.
- This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA”. When we say “Personal Information” in this Section, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
- For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see Section 3 “How We Use Your Information” above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 4 “How We Share and Disclose Your Information” above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in Section 4 “How We Share and Disclose Your Information” above. We do not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes as further described in Section 4 “How We Share and Disclose Your Information” above.
- Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
7. Data Processing.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
8. Information Retention.
We will retain information your information for as long as you utilize the Services, as required to comply with privacy requests, to manage active accounts, as required by law, in order to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements. We may also retain copies of your information for disaster recovery purposes.
9. Change of Control.
We also reserve the right to transfer information about you to a successor organization if, we transfer the ownership or operation of one of our websites to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner consistent with this policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We take security seriously and has implemented administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction. If you wish to report a security concern or if you have a question around security, please submit your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Do Not Track.
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard that has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
12. Links to Third Party Websites.
We may make available certain products or services to you through the Services (including via links to third party tools). When you click on a link to a third-party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by us. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
13. Children’s Privacy.
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and to follow the laws, regulations and guidelines in regard to children’s privacy. We do not knowingly accept or solicit personally identifiable information from a user known to be under the age of thirteen (13). If you have concerns regarding children’s privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Contact Us.